Book Code: 1111015809929
Edited By:- Sarthak Sengupta
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title 'Social Movements in Northeast India written/authored/edited by Edited By:- Sarthak Sengupta', published in the year 2019. The ISBN 9788121214490 is assigned to the Hardcover version of this title. This book has total of pp. 242 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Gyan Publishing House . This Book is in English. The subject of this book is Sociology.
ABOUT THE BOOK
In recent years, studies on 'social movements' occupy a central place in contemporary interdisciplinary social science research, however, information from Northeast India is inadequate even today and hence this treatise is a welcome addition to the literature. The volume will be of attention to book lovers who are concerned to study Northeast India in general and those who pursue social movements and civil society as well as political affairs in particular.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sarthak Sengupta received his M.Sc (1977) and Ph.D. (1983) degrees in Anthropology from Dibrugarh and Gauhati University respectively. He also worked with the Anthropological Survey of India, Government of India and North Eastern Hill University, Shillong for quite some time and conducted intensive field studies among diverse tribes and castes in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Uttar Pradesh. Professor Sengupta in all has about 270 research articles published in various reputed national and international professional journals besides several chapters in edited volumes. Moreover, he has to his own credit twenty well-knitted books on Northeast Indian tribes. He has mentored ten number of Ph.Ds and completed several major research projects being sponsored by U.G.C; ICSSR; DST; ICMR; Indian Tea Board etc.
Professor Sengupta is associated with many Indian Universities in the matters of Post Graduate education in Anthropology. He is an active life and executive member of several professional anthropological bodies and member of editorial boards of The Indian Journal of Anthropology, West Bengal; Bulletin of the Department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University; Vision NE, Lakhimpur, Assam.
Dr. Sengupta is at present Professor and Head, Department of Anthropology; and Director (i/c), Centre for Northeast Studies, Dibrugarh University, Assam. His current research interest is genetical demography, globin gene distribution, population genetics, bio-social studies, diet and nutrition, indigenous health practices and disadvantaged tribal population groups of Northeast India.
LIST OF TABLES . 13
LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS . 15
1. Social Movements: Concepts, Genesis, Theories and Some Instances.17
2. Introspecting the Social Identity Movement . 53
CHANDANA BHATTACHARJEE AND SURAJIT SEN
3. Religious Reform Movements in Arunachal Pradesh: Understanding Adi and Mishmi Tribes . 61
TARUN MENE AND S.K. CHAUDHURI
4. Industrial Labour Movements: A Study of the Tea Garden Labourers of the Brahmaputra Valley, Assam. 75
5. Zeliangrong Movement in the Context of Social Change and Development in Naga Society . 91
6. Reflection on Adivasi Movement in Assam. 103
7. The Movement for Kuki Tribes Autonomous Regional Council. 113
8. Socio-religious Movement and its Effect on the Rabhas of Assam. 133
SURAJIT KUMAR PAL
9. Namasudras in Assam. 165
N.B. BISWAS AND N.R. ROY
10. De-sanskritization Movement in Manipur . 185
M. C. ARUNKUMAR
11. A Religious Movement of Tingkao Ragwang Chapriak as Response to Christian Conversion . 197
AKHUAN GANGMEI RONGMEI
12. Why Migration A Threat to the People of Manipur? . 213
SOUGAIJAM PRIYOKUMAR MEITEI
Index . 227
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-18 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 16-Dec-2018 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com