Book Code: 1111015809926
Rajib Mallik, Sukanta Sarkar
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title 'Tax Reforms, Demonitization And Cashless Economy: A Strategy For Economic Development Of India written/authored/edited by Rajib Mallik, Sukanta Sarkar', published in the year 2018. The ISBN 9789386397997 is assigned to the Hardcover version of this title. This book has total of pp. 178 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Kalpaz Publications. This Book is in English. The subject of this book is Cashless Economy. POD
ABOUT THE BOOK
The present book is a compilation of 14 scholarly articles which are representative in Dalit literary theory and practice. All the articles in the book are meant for the beginning scholars as well as the teachers in the area of Dalit literature in general and Dalit Novel in particular. The articles deal with the caste discrimination, gender dominance, oppression, poverty, denial of education, power politics, inequality, subjugation etc. The book exclusively focuses on Dalit novel and it showcases the variety of writers from different states of India and how they have represented their feelings as a Dalit within the Dalit community and outside the Dalit community. The book mainly focuses on the novels available in English translation. The Dalit novel remains a messenger and instrument for taking ahead the ideology of the Dalits from one to the rest of their communities. Going through the book we could understand that the Dalit novel depicts how the Dalits, with collective consciousness and self-assertion, rebel and turn their wheel of life from the stage of downtrodden to the stage of self-respect.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Rajib Mallik is an Assistant Professor at National Institute of Technology Agartala. His areas of interest are Finance, Marketing and Accounting. He had completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy from Regional Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology (RIPSAT), under Tripura University. He did his Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance from Tripura University. He had obtained his Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing from Rajendra Prasad Institute, Mumbai. DR. Mallik has qualified UGC, NET Exam in Management (2009). He received his Ph.D. degree in Management from Singhania University, Rajasthan in the year 2012. He has rich experience in teaching, research and administration. He has several international research publications in peer reviewed and multi indexed Journals. He has participated and presented his research work in many international and national conferences. He is also a member of Hyderabad Institute of Social Sciences (HISS), Telangana. He is a Gold Medalist in his Bachelor of Pharmacy. He has been awarded many times from several reputed organization for outstanding achievements and remarkable role in the field of management education.
Dr. Sukanta Sarkar (MA, PhD) is a renowned scholar and academician in social science studies. He has more than 12 years teaching experience in various universities in India. He is currently working as Associate Professor in Department of Economics, Gambella University, Gambella, Ethiopia, Africa. He did bachelor and master degree in Economics from Tripura University, India. He was awarded doctorate degree from Singhania University, Rajasthan for his research work on socio-economic changes of rubber tappers in Tripura. He qualified UGC-NET Exam in December/2006. He presented more than thirty research papers in various seminars, conferences and symposiums. He has been published more than hundred research papers in foreign and national journals. He was previously worked as visiting lecturer in National Institute of Technology, Agartala and Tripura University. He has research interest in various topics like agricultural crisis, rural development, women empowerment, sustainable development and social problems.
Preface . 9
Abbreviations . 11
PART – I
1. Taxation: An Overview . 15
• Features of Tax • Objectives of Taxation • Canon of Taxation • Characteristics of Canons of Taxation • Proportional Tax • Progressive Tax • Regressive Tax • Tax Base • Tax-Tolerance • Direct Taxes • Types of Direct Tax • Advantages of Direct Tax • Disadvantages of Direct Tax • Indirect Taxes • Types of Indirect Tax • Advantages of Indirect Tax • Disadvantages of Indirect Tax • Tax Reforms in India • Bouncy and Elasticity of a Tax • Impact of Tax • Shifting of Tax • Value Added Tax Reform.
2. Value Added Tax . 35
• Meaning and Concept • Objectives of Value Added Tax • Difference between VAT and Turnover Tax • Features of Value Added Tax • Types of Value Added Tax • Principles Governing Value Added Tax • Advantages of Value Added Tax • Disadvantages of Value Added Tax.
3. Goods and Services Tax . 41
• What is Goods and Services Tax? • Global Perspectives of GST • History of Goods and Service Tax • Types of GST in India • Models of GST • Objectives
of GST • Taxes Subsumed into GST • Administration of GST in India • Advantages of GST • Disadvantages of GST • Managerial Implementation • Goods and Services Tax” Network • GST Council • GST Returns • GST Rates in India • Commodities subject to 5 per cent GST • Services Subject to 5 per cent GST • Commodities Subject to 12 per cent GST • Services Subject to 12 per cent GST • Commodities Subject to 18 per cent GST • Services Subject to 18 per cent GST • Commodities Subject to 28 per cent GST • Services Subject to 28 per cent GST • Opinion of GST • Effects of GST • Effects of GST on various sectors are • What will get costlier in the GST regime.
4. Demonetization: An Overview . 67
• What is Demonetization? • Aim of Demonetization • Demonetization in Countries • Merits of Demonetization • Demerits of Demonetization.
5. Demonetization in India . 81
• Demonetization on January 1946 • Demonetization on January 1978 • Demonetization on 8th November, 2016 • Important Steps taken before this announcement was made • Similarities in 1978 and 2016 Ban • Differences in the Currency Ban • Decision of Demonetization is Arbitrary? • Judicial
Approach on Demonetization • Constitutional Validity of Demonetization in India • Public Reaction • Experts and Economists Views • Problems/Issues due to Demonetization • Shortcomings of the Policy.
6. Effects of Demonetization . 95
• Black Money in India • Effects of Demonetization • Impact of Demonetization on FMCG sector • Deposits in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Account
• Post-Demonetization Effort • Overall Impact of Demonetization .
PART - III
7. Cashless Economy . 115
• What is Cashless Economy? • Importance of Cashless Transactions • Current Position of Cashless India • Advantages of Cashless Payments • Impact of
Cashless Transaction • Digital Currency • Disadvantages of Cashless Payments • Digitalization and Demonetization • Digitalization and GDP Growth
• Obstacles in the Process of Digitalization • Digital India Programme • Trust, Safety and Security • Challenges before Digital Economy • Promoting Digital
Payments within Government • Future Prospects of Cashless Payments in India.
8. E-Marketing . 131
• Amazon • eBay • Paytm • Flipkart • Walmart • Myntra • Snapdeal • Infibeam • Yepme • Craftsvilla • ShopClues • Home Shop18 • Jabong.
9. E-Commerce . 137
• What is E-Commerce? • E-commerce vs. E-business • Types of E-Commerce • Benefits of E-Commerce • Disadvantages of E-Commerce • Steps for EPayments • Types of E-payment System • Component of Effective Electronic Payment System • Digital Payment Requirement • E-Commerce in India
• Cyber Crime • Information Technology Act, 2000.
10. E-Banking . 153
• Internet Banking • Factor Influence Internet Banking • Mobile Banking • SMS Banking • Benefits of E-Banking • For Banks • For Customers • National Electronic Funds Transfer • Real-Time Gross Settlement • Immediate Payment Service • E-Banking Revolution in India • Advantages of E-banking
• Automated Teller Machine • National Payments Corporation of India • National Financial Switch • National Automated Clearing House • Core Banking Solution • Features of Core Banking are • Benefits of Core Banking.
Bibliography . 165
Index . 173
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-19 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 17-Feb-2019 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com