Book Code: 1111015809924
Vijay Prakash Sharma
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
ABOUT THE BOOK
This volume Dreams and Realities of Rural Development in India, contains various problematic issues of rural development in India which has become a familiar subject in the academic arena. The uniqueness of the book lies in presentation of materials in fifteen innovative chapters important to understand different problematic dimensions of rural and tribal development. This book is a collection of research papers presented in various national seminars and reflect sincere effort of author to address different issues like displacement, marginalization, globalization, political and economic movements, environment and women empowerment.
This book will be useful to the researchers, master degree students, and faculties in Rural Development, Social Anthropology, Sociology and Social work in understanding problems of development in Rural India and processes of social movements. The volume will also be useful to Policy makers.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Vijay Prakash Sharma is currently Director of the Institute for Human Development Eastern Regional Centre, Ranchi. He is an eminent Social Anthropologist, Former Adjunct Faculty at National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Hyderabad, India. He taught Postgraduate students of Anthropology and Rural development in Ranchi University and G.G Central University. Dr. Sharma organized and chaired Academic sessions in several national and international Conferences in Anthropology. He holds Einstenian Chair of Science of IBI, Cambridge (UK). He became a Senior Technical Advisor to Government of India and Government of Jharkhand for USAID projects from 2005 to 2011. He extensively worked and published 13 books and 100+ research papers in the area of Rural Development, Tribal Development Management, Globalisation and Tribal, Ethno-medicine, Urban problems(solid waste management, Urban Health) Migration and Trafficking, Contemporary Indian Society, Social Problems(Poverty alleviation, untouchability, Ethnicity, Tribal Unrest, left wing extreemism) Art and Culture, Maternal and Child Health, Tribal Health, Nutrition, Social implications of Malaria, STD & HIV ,Tuberculosis and Leprosy, Social Life in English County, Hmar of Manipur, Pahadi Korwa of Chhattisgarh and , Indian Anthropology of Civilization etc..
Preface . 7
1. Dreams and Realities of Rural Development in India . 9
• Main Lines of Activity • Understanding the people • References.
2. Indigenous Health Care Systems: a case study of Traditional Healers and Tribal Vaidyas . 21
• Indigenous health system and Tribal Vaidyas • Problems of Tribal or indigenous health system • Suggestions • References.
3. Cultural Traits of Rural Jharkhand . 27
• Local food culture of Jharkhand • SAAGS(Plant Leaves) of Jharkhand • Sweets of Jharkhand • References.
4. Political and Economic movements in Jharkhand . 33
• What is a movement? • Jharkhand case • Analysis • Suggestions for promotion of Gender Entrepreneurship in Tribal and Rural Areas: • Analysis
5. Environmental Stress and Displacement . 41
• Case 1- The Issue of Mega Dam • Case Development Projects and Displacement • Case 3 -A Critical Studies of Tribal Rights vs. Environmental Conservation under FRA, 2006 • Case 4- Development Induced Displacement • Case 5- the Unresolved Issues of Displacement Induced Development
• Case 6- Mega Development: economic marginalization of artisans’ communities- • Discussion- • References.
6. Gender and Livelihood: Needed Women Entrepreneurship in Jharkhand . 49
• Methods • Discussion • Gender Budgeting approach • Constraints of SHG promotion in most backward regions • Conclusion • References.
7. Constraints of SHG promotion in most backward regions, Tribal dominated and left-wing influenced areas . 59
• Discussion • Analysis • Suggestions for promotion of Gender Entrepreneurship in Tribal and Rural Areas • Conclusion.
8. Marginalization and Development . 63
• What are the Marginalized excluded from? • Understanding the people • References.
9. Strengthening Human Development Strategies for Education in Jharkhand . 71
• Methods: • Tribal development & education • Government Programmes for promotion of education for tribal- • Funding of Tribal Development Programmes • Need for a Strategic Plan • Discussion • Suggestion • Short Term Strategy • Medium Term strategy • Conclusion • References.
10. Cultivation in Jharkhand : Need for Management of Water and Land Resources. . 81
• Methodology • Bundu Block • Namkom Block • Survey Result • Village profile of the Block Namkom • Research Findings • Economic condition
• Discussion • Recommendations • GRAPHS.
11. People’s participation and food security . 95
• Recommendations • References.
12. Tribal and their Environment . 101
• Tribal laws and constitutional safeguards for tribal people • Protected areas and natural resource laws in India • State approach towards local communities with regard to forests and tribal people • A case of Palamau Tiger Reserve, Jharkhand • Tiger Reserve and Tribal forest villages • Bare facts-especially regarding the current situation of fauna of PTR are • Conclusion • References.
13. Globalization and its Effect in General and on Tribal in Particular . 111
• Legal rights and policy developments • Discussion • References.
14. From hill to plain: An Experiment in Applied And Action Anthropology in India. . 119
• Applied and Action Anthropological intervention • Historical background • Geographical Features • Natural Status • Climate • Forest & Wildlife • Process of intervention: The AAA Approach • Discussion • Self Help Groups • Land and Water Management Programme • Awareness campaign • References.
15. Empowerment of tribal women: Challenges and Strategies . 133
• Women empowerment through PRI needed steps • Empowerment of tribal women • Decision making • Other indicators of women’s empowerment
• Gender-role attitudes • Gender socialization • Education and employment • Marriage • Conclusion • References.
Index . 143
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-18 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 23-Oct-2018 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com